The department of general medicine was established in 1986 at PIMS, when the hospital was in its preliminary stages. Department of medicine has been functionally divided into 2 separate units and is working under the supervision of specialized consultants, headed by Prof Shajee Ahmad Siddiqui. Consultants in medical departments have heavily invested their time and resources in developing and providing challenging and structured training programmes.
More About Us:
The department can boast of having one of the best faculties which is devoted and committed to providing patient care and simultaneously imparting quality postgraduate training. There is a structured teaching program which revolves around lectures, presentations, journal clubs, mortality meetings, research and regular evaluation of trainees. The aim is to provide best possible training to physicians so they may be able to achieve their postgraduate qualifications.
Research on Diabetes, Covid-19 and Dengue are on their way to publications.
Department organizes workshops on
1. Ethics and communication skills
2. Basic life Support, Adult Cardiac Life Support
3. Research Methodology and Internet skills
· Daily Morning Meetings for Post Graduate Residents, House Officers and Undergraduate Students
· Journal club presentations
· Short/Long cases practice for post graduate residents in collaborations with Professors of other hospitals.
· Daily Classes for Undergraduate Students
· Round Learning For UnderGraduate and Postgraduate students
· Weekly and Monthly Mortality Meetings/Audit.
· Clinico-pathological Conference of Internal Medicine
· Arrangement of mock examination in ward according to CPSP/SZABMU patterns for Post Graduate Residents
· Establishment of a Digital Library to access journals , books and study material online.
· Establishment of separate covid wards and management of patients in covid 19 pandemic.
· Establishment of Dengue ward during Dengue Endemic
· Management of thalassemia center
· Emergency/OPD Services.