As part of one of the renowned public sector hospital, PIMS Islamabad, Cardiac centre has a bright journey and valuable tangible contribution towards betterment of cardiac and related health ailments, CARDIAC CENTRE PIMS is officially functional since 2016, and is an extension/continuation of cardiology department of PIMS and is located in the heart of the capital city of Pakistan.
We are providing superior cardiac treatment to approximately 150000 OPD patients, 5000 in-patients and nearly 70000 emergency cases per year. At the same time Cardiac Centre is providing 24/7 cardiac cover to all allied med and surgery and MCH of the hospital.
We are performing 5000 interventional procedures per year including complex PCI, peripheral interventions. PPM,RFA, pericardocentesis and cardiac surgical procedures per year
More About Us:
Cardiac centre is blessed with highly qualified trained faculty and we are at par with any other model hospitals in terms of patient’s care and residency programmes for post graduate students.
That is why our post graduate residents are consistently performing well in MD/FCPS cardiology and passing percentage is more than 90 percent.
Our focus is mainly on superior compassionate care for patients, continuous medical education and training for medical professionals, and research and development in cardiology.
Cardiac centre PIMS is accredited by PMC, CPSP PAKISTAN ,SZABMU IBD and PSIC for various training programmers.
Approval for post fellowship 02 years in MD in interventional CARDIOLOGY IS another feather in our cap and we are striving to offer and be capable to offer more advanced training modules in future.
• Superior compassionate patient/family –centered approach that is respectful and sensitive to patient needs and values
• Promoting preventive cardiology by following the principle of prevention is better than cure
• prompt diagnosis and treatment to save and reduce heart damage by promoting PPCI
• Providing convenient access to those with financial constraints to prevent and treat heart related diseases without delay
• Educating the finest medical professionals of tomorrow in the field of cardiology
• Promoting a research-oriented environment
A paragraph is a self-contained unit of discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences. Though not required by the syntax of any language, paragraphs are usually an expected part of formal writing, used to organize longer prose. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences. Though not required by the syntax of any language, paragraphs are usually an expected part of formal writing, used to organize longer prose.
Out patient door services:-
• Cardiology Clinic.
• CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL CLINIC.
• CARDIAC SURGERY CLINIC.
• PRE ANESTHESIA CLINIC.
• HEART FAILURE CLINIC.
• CT ANGIOGRAM.
• NUCLEAR CARDIOLOGY.
• ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY INCLUDING TOE AND STRESS ECHO.
• HOLTER MONITOING.
• AMBULATORY BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING.
• PACEMAKER PROGRAMMING.
• TILT TABLE TESTING.
• RANDOM EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS FOR PATIENTS/ATTENDANTS.
OUR AIM IS TO PROVIDE BEST PROMPT EVIDENCE BASED MEDICAL SERVICES TO CARDIAC PATIENTS IN EMERGENCY .our emergency department is o7 bedded equipped with cardiac monitors, oxygen supply and defibrillators with acute emergency medicine and resuscitation facilities
Cardiac emergency in a makeshift /temporary facility near the entry to the cardiac centre
THE LIST INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
➢ CHEST PAIN/ACS
➢ ACUTE HEART FAILURE AND PULMONARY OEDEMA.
➢ HYPERTENSIVE URGENCIES AND EMERGENCIES.
➢ PERICARDIAL EFFUSION/PLEURAL EFFUSION.
➢ MODS/MOFS WITH CARDIAC INVOLVEMENT.
➢ CCF WITH DECOMPENSATION.
➢ POST CARDIAC SURGICAL PATIENTS WITH COMMPICATION LIKE STUCK PROSTHETIC VALVES.
➢ PULMONARY EMBLISM.
➢ CARDIAC DYSARYTHMIAS.
➢ CARDIOGENIC SHOCK.
➢ CARDIAC ARREST.
➢ POST MI MECHANICAL COMPLICATIONS.
➢ ENDOCARDITIS MYOCARDITIS AND PERICARDITIS.
➢ LIMITED PPCI COVERAGE FREE OF COST.
➢ CARDIAC SURGICAL ICU.
➢ CARDIOLOGY WARD.
➢ CARDIAC SURGERY WARD.
➢ CARDIAC PRIVATE WARD INCLUDING VIP AND VVIP chambers.
➢ Cardiac surgical ICU.
➢ PRE CATHERIZATION WARD/HDU.
➢ CARDIAC CATHERIZATION.
➢ CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL PROCEDURES.
1. FCPS CARDIOLOGY 3 YEARS RESIDENCY PROGRAMME after IMM APPROVED BY CPSP PAKISTAN
2. MD cardiology 6 years PROGRAMME APPROVED BY SZABMU Pakistan
3. MD interventional cardiology 2years post FCPS/MD FELLOWSHIP APPROVED BY SZABMU
4. Mrotations of PG trainees from allied med and surgical departments
5. Academic sessions for students of FMC
6. BLS/ACLS workshop on quarterly basis
7. Workshops on cardiac catheterization
8. Workshop on ECG
9. WORKSHOPS ON SYNOPSIS/DISSERTATION WRITING
All Faculty members of cardiac centre are educators. We teach students ,trainees, peers and other health professionals daily at the bedside and on rounds, in clinical and research conferences and in formal and informal lectures.
Our academic aim is to promote research, education and mentorship
Daily morning class is conducted regularly
Academic activities under the auspices of PCS are also done twice per month
Cardiac centre also hosts annual cardiology updates at bhurban pc and is attended by national and international renowned faculty
Similarly we are actively participating to achieve the goals of Pakistan hypertension league, aims and objectives WHO world heart day.
We are part of documenting cath data under the auspices of PSIC
(MONTHLY ACADEMIC ROSTER IS HEREBY ATTACHED)