Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences created history in the health care system of the country by establishing a full fledged Department of Pharmacy in the Federal Government Hospitals in 1986 for the first time. The Department of Pharmacy has four components i.e. Islamabad Hospital Pharmacy, Children Hospital Pharmacy, MCH Pharmacy and Burn Center Pharmacy.
Pharmacists, being a professional having comprehensive knowledge of drugs are playing very important consultative and management role on the matter in PIMS. They are responsible for planning of Pharmaceutical services, quality assurance of drugs, adverse drugs reaction reporting and the establishment and maintenance of safe systems of work within their department. The Department of Pharmacy also ensuresjudicious use of available financial resources in providing the cost effective quality medicines. It also ensures the rational and proper use of these essential drugs. Other objectives are to protect the health of the people against the hazards of using unsafe, ineffective or defective drugs and from the hazards of irrational use of drugs.
The Department of pharmacy is also imparting Hospital Pharmacy Training Programmefor fresh and under graduate Pharmacy students of different universities from all over the country.
- Dr. Gulzar Hussain Shah(Chief Pharmacist) M.Pharm, PhD
- Ms. Yasmin Fatima (Pharmacist) M.Pharm
- Miss Gul-e-Nargis(Pharmacist) B.Pharm
- Mr. Shafqat Abbas (Pharmacist) B.Pharm
- Dr. Raheel Khan (Pharmacist) Pharm.D, MBA
- Dr. Ayesha Ali (Pharmacist) Pharm.D
- Ms. Maria Kiani(Pharmacist) B.Pharm
- Dr. Sidra Sulehri(Pharmacist)Pharm.D
- Dr. Ghulam Mustafa(Pharmacist) Pharm.D
Research and Academic
Feedback and Sugestions to this department
Online Doctor to help you for your disease