MCH Centre, PIMS, Islamabad provides emergency and routine obstetric and gynaecological care. There is a ward by the name of HDA (High Dependency Area) where only those patients are kept who need close monitoring. Labouring patients are kept in a separate ward where ultrasound and cardiotocographic facilities are available. Separate delivery suits are maintained for general and private patients. In addition diagnostic facilities of Radiology Pathology and Blood Bank are provided round the clock.
- To carry out researches in collaboration with international organization to keep ourselves updated with local researches & actively participate in such programme.
- To make it a centre of excellence with international recognition
- The Department is already recognized by the Royal College of Obstetrician London.
- Promotion of safe motherhood through out the country.
- Training of health care providers for EmOC services.
- To strengthen the outreach programme rendering diagnostic & medical treatment to antenatal & gynae patients.